Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Never Give Up

Today is my day to post for Pinque Peacock!!
I chose to step away from doing a Christmas item for this post. I have a family member that was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. One of my little sisters so I chose to make a card for her and to encourage all of you to have all of your annual check ups. If you have been diagnosed and are battling this terrible disease Never Give Up!!!

Here is my card

I started with a solid blue basic card stock. I then used a piece of kraft colored card stock and cut it down and rounded the edges. I used a pretty blue gel pen in blue and faux stitched the edge. Next I used a piece of pretty print paper from my stash and rounded the edges of that one also.I then took the cardstock with the sentiment on it and rounded those edges then used a brown chalk ink pad to ink the edges. Next I added the cute pink feather trim. I took the ribbon charm in the lower right corner and tied Trendy Twine in Tickled with Teal into a small bow then used teal stickles and put a drop on the tails of the ribbon. The silver ribbon charm is from Pinque Peacock. I then used a piece of BoBunny Double Dot Ribbon in teal to make my ribbon loop. Next I added a beautiful Baby Girl Pink Pleated Petal from Pinque Peacock. For the flower center I used a 3/4 inch fabric covered button from the Zoo Baby Collection from Pinque Peacock. Now this card would not be complete without a beautiful Angel Pin from Pinque Peacock. This one is in white.
When it was all put together I used the same teal Stickles and made small drops all the way around the card stock sentiment. One of the greatest things about the beautiful Hand Made items from Pinque Peacock is regardless of what the theme of the release is most of the items can be used at anytime. They have a timeless beauty. Thank-you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job on this card, Shelley! Love every element you included. Thinking of you and your family as your sister fights the fight! hugs from your NC friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly this a beautiful card and I know your sister will love this. You all just keep the faith and know that your all in my prayers. LOTS OF LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is beautiful. Wondering how you and your sister are doing.....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments:)

I am back :) Here are a few cards that I recently made

After a very long break from blogger due to my blog being a mess when my blog designer quit hosting the blog design. I am back  With a be...