Welcome to Erica's Craft Room
100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop Day ONE
You should have started at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ if not please start at the beginning
Welcome to My Cricut Craft Room's August 100 Cartridge Blog Hop
Collectively the design team uses over 100 different Cricut Cartridges in their projects during the two days of this hop. Sunday the new members of the design team will be announced and some have even made a project to share with you!! What an exciting weekend!
As special treat enjoy 10% off of your total purchase with Erica's Craft Room Store.
Use the code AUGUST to see 10% off of your total purchase (No exclusions)
On my project I used the following cartridges:
Sophie, Word Of Mouth and Spring Chic.
I chose to make a cork board for my craft room. It started out looking like this.
Not pretty I know but it is a perfect 12x12 square and you can purchase them in many scrapbook stores. 1 side is sticky so I used that side to adhere my 12x12 base paper and it went on like a dream! Now here is a picture of my finished cork board.
I used the Imagine Cartridge Word of Mouth for the Live what you love Die cut. I cut it at 4 inches.
I used My George basics cartridge for the floral square and cut it at 6 inches. Then I used Sophie to make the grey doily and cut it at 6 inches also. In order to get the perfect Grey for the doily I used Cricut Imagine Spring Chic. I do my projects in Craft Room and would be lost with out this awesome free tool!!
My roses were cut from Sophie at 2 inches and I did them again using the blackout feature to give it a little pop of color.
I did the same thing with the leaves. It is amazing how a little layering can make a huge difference!
I cut the Butterflies at 1.50 inches and did those in layers also. I then used Doodle Twine for the body and antennas.
I also embellished them with a little stickles. I also used Stardust Stickles over the lettering. A trick I learned from Erica is that the Stardust can be used over any color and it just enhances it and gives it a little sparkle. I love it!!
I hope you enjoyed my project and will visit my little blog again. We all love to read your comments too!! Now next you should be going to Heather's Blog. I will also provide the full day 1 line up in case you have gotten lost along the way. Be sure to visit Erica's store for great prices and selections of cuttle bug and Cricut items!!!
I wish you a craft filled fun Day!!
Now here is the promised line up for day1:)
- MCCR http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/
- jenn lorist http://www.jennspapercrafts.blogspot.com
- Teresa http://www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com
- Kathy http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com
- shelley http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com
- heather http://heathernovinger.blogspot.com
- Jessica S http://jessicascraftshaque.blogspot.com
- Tammy - http://www.Cuttinandstampin.blogspot.com
- Jen L http://www.mybusycraftylife.blogspot.com
- Erica's Projects http://ericasprojects.blogspot.com/
- Samantha http://www.samanthascricutcreations.blogspot.com
- robin http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/
- amy http://clayfulimagination.blogspot.com
- Miranda http://www.nanasscrapspot.com
- Angie http://crazyscraplady-angelpie.blogspot.com
- LB http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com
- Cathy http://cathyplus5.blogspot.com
- Claire http://threewaterscreations.blogspot.com
- Lisa Carrier http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com
- Blog Candy http://ericasblogcandy.blogspot.com/