Monday, December 26, 2011

Using Trendy Twine to make flower Petals

Hi everyone! I hope all of you had a wonderful Holiday.

This layout I wanted to keep really simple so my beautiful niece was the star

of the layout. The black die cut paper had a existing flower in the right lower corner but it was white and the layout needed a pop of color. So I pulled out my stash of Trendy Twine and stitched over the existing flower and stems then used glitter glue for the leaves. I used Peppermint Stick and twisted lime and it gave the layout the little something more that it needed.Here is the link to this awesome twine http://anniespaperboutique.bigcartel.com/ it is a twist of three colors and is really sturdy as well as beautiful! I would love to give you a link to the Maya road but I purchased it from Paper Patch Crafts awhile ago and she doesn't have any left that I can find. I do suggest that you use a paper piercing tool if you use card stock because it was rough getting the needle through without it. I am going to be looking for a new paper piercing tool because I am not happy with the provocraft one that I have on hand. So if you have suggestions on a good one please leave a comment here telling me the brand that you use.

I will be adding more layouts and a couple of cards later in the week :)

Have a fantastic day!! Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments:)

I am back :) Here are a few cards that I recently made

After a very long break from blogger due to my blog being a mess when my blog designer quit hosting the blog design. I am back  With a be...